Advanced Theatre Arts / Technical Theatre II & III
Brief Course Description: Acting students will focus on script analysis, theatre history, contemporary scene study, action-based character development, viewpoints and stage a full-scale production. Technical Theatre students will develop leadership skills by applying their knowledge as a crew member for class performances and the semester’s production.
Interested in ‘leadership’ within HSTC? Click here to learn more!
Advanced Fall Semester Calendar (Daily Instructional Goals, Homework, & Assessments)
Digital Portfolio Weebly Instructional PDF – Weebly Instructions!
STEP 1: Review the Class Handbook & Syllabus
STEP 2 Due Friday, 9/7: Complete the Handbook Review Form
STEP 3: Print, have your parent/guardian sign, and turn in the following forms (ALL Due Friday, 9/7):
STEP 4: Join the class’s GroupMe – see the link below
CONTACT INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION
Instructor / Director: Mr. Rome Buttner
B.A. in English, B.A. in Theatre Arts
DAILY CLASS ACTIVITIES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
Students will perform their 1st final project for the ‘Theatre Company’ timeline.
REQ: Actors and techs in their blacks.
Performances are recorded for peer and self reflection.
Types of Stages: https://prezi.com/weva40ks1met/different-types-of-theatre-companies/
- How does your group stand out? Specific skill-sets?
- Come to a consensus about your theatre style? What do you want your audience to experience and gain?
- What two theatre companies represent your style? List them and explain why.
- Develop a name for your company. Think academic / descriptive / mature
- Create the ‘mission statement’ for your theatre company. Research examples of existing theatre companies online.
- After reviewing the prezi on the blog, what type of performance space is used for your theatre company? List the type and explain why.
- Looking at the calendar for the next couple of weeks, your group will present two short performances.
- The material for your performance is either created or sourced.
- Half of your acting team will act as the directors for the performance (you will switch for the second performance).
- Your tech(s) will fully support your tech needs.
- What resources do you need from Buttner?
8.27.18 (Day 1)
Mr. Buttner welcomed students to the new school year. The class reviewed ‘Day 1’ materials and ‘semester at a glance’. Following the paperwork, the students were led by Mr. Buttner in a series of theatre activities (play to learn) that set a good example for a typical class day.
Homework: ‘Semester at a Glance’ signed and returned on 8.28.18. Techs: Tech Contract.